Sorry, Not Sorry
Grant Proposals and a Business Plan
2016 To-do List
- 100+ after school bicycle maintenance clinics at various schools
- Kohl’s Cares Helmet Safety Center free fittings and helmets for any youth with a bike
- 25-30 expos and outreach events
- 20-30 bicycle rodeos, community rides, and sprint competitions
- Launch my earn-a-bike program. Students will earn badges towards receiving a refurbished bicycle. The badges will be in the form of stickers that will go on the students' free helmets. Badges will be earned by completing various program related tasks such as: attending a helmet fitting, attending a safety check, learning to name the parts of the bicycle, learning to fix a flat tire, teaching a friend or family member how to fix a flat, learning to do a safety check, learning to be an ambassador by bringing new people to various events, volunteering at events, assisting at expos, etc...
- Individual summer mentor-ships for a select few motivated students to learn job ready mechanical skills. These would lead to internships within our programs and jobs in bicycle shops. Students who complete my Earn-a-bike program will be given priority.
- I’m still waiting for some good news regarding fielding a team in the High School Mountain Bike League; if we can’t make it happen for 2016 we're definitely on course to launch spring of 2017
Founding Another 501(c)3
So, I’m now accepting applications for founding board members.
To apply, please write your most relevant accomplishment on the memo line of a non-refundable $500 check made payable to Dean Alleger and mail it to:
c/o Mack Road Partnership
75 Quinta Court Suite D
Sacramento CA 95823